Internships at ECF 2022
*Currently, our internship page is closed. Please keep an eye on social media when we accept job applications for an internship again.
At the European Cultural Foundation (ECF) we want to provide (online) work experience for the future generation of culture and philanthropy professionals. At the same time, we want to get in touch with new talent and fresh perspectives on our work.
To achieve this, we offer two kinds of internships (orientation internships of 4-6 weeks and work experience or research internships of 4-6 months), targeted towards students and recent graduates (qualified within the past 6 months) of different vocational and educational backgrounds, including non-university students. We will be able to provide an internship for 4 to 6 interns yearly, and we undertake to offer a transparent and fair recruitment process.
What do we offer?
Internships in 4 different areas of work:
- Public Policy
- Internal Organisation (HR/ Finance/ Facilities/ Reception/ Secretariat)
You work either 3 or 4 days/ week and receive a monthly payment of EUR 375,- gross for a 3-day workweek and EUR 500,- gross for 4 days, plus an internet and phone allowance of EUR 40,- and advice in setting up your remote work space.
Internships will be organised in a ‘hybrid’ format, partially working from home and partially in the office. For interns outside the Netherlands, we will organise and fund incidental visits to the office in Amsterdam.
You have an assigned internship mentor at ECF.
Who are our interns?
You qualify to apply for our internships if:
- Your study or qualification fits one of the four internship profiles on our website;
- You are currently studying for an academic, professional or vocational qualification of any post-secondary school level, or you have graduated from such a study within the last 6 months;
- You have a passport from a country within the European Economic Area (EEA), or have the right to live and study or work in the Netherlands;
- You are available for an internship within the coming 4 months;
- You are eager to learn from working in an organisation engaged in culture and discourse around arts, media, culture and society, and have an interest in the history and diversity of Europe.
Please see the individual profiles for further information.
How to apply
After selecting the right profile from the attachments below, please fill in the application form and send this with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive a confirmation of your application within two weeks. Each month, applications are offered to our departmental internship contact persons, after which you will receive an answer.